Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Sister's Keeper


Whoever came up with the phrase, 'A picture is worth a thousand words' sure knew what they were talking about.

This afternoon, I walked upstairs to wake up the baby from her nap and heard Loseli talking in the bedroom they both share. Loseli loves to beat all of us to the crib when 'Ilaisaane wakes up, so it is never a surprise to walk in the room after nap time and see her standing next to the crib waiting for someone to come and pick up the baby. So when I walked in on the two and saw the scene depicted in the picture above, my heart melted all over the floor. Loseli had managed to get her chair up close enough to the crib to climb in with a comb and a brush to groom her little sister. After I managed to get a picture without disturbing her, I admit to having a little bit of an emotional moment. I have to say, this picture truly is worth a thousand words, if not a thousand bucks. Loseli is not known around these parts for being, uh, how should I say this...NICE?? She is constantly beating up the twins, bossing them around and the funny thing is the twins actually do what she says because they are too afraid of going against the grain for fear they will find their toothbrushes in the toilet. Recently, 'Ilaisaane has been crowned the Snow Queen of our home because not only is she the "fairest" (uh-hum) of them all, but Loseli absolutely refuses for anyone to touch, look at or play with her. Every morning at 8am we hear a, "Mom! WAKE UP! BABY NEEDS A BABA!!" and we are sure to be informed when 'Ilaisaane needs a diaper change or when she needs to take a nap, all because she has a two year old keeper that is built like a human security system. I say this is sisterly love at its finest and I wouldn't have it any other way. Small blessings like this make life with children, especially four daughters, so fulfilling!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO CUTE!! I love you Loseli!! I love this picture Lani!! Capturing these moments are the best...

    ReplyDelete