Monday, March 1, 2010

The City of Angels


I absolutely love the City of Los Angeles. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that L.A. is the place where I will someday live and retire. I'm so good in fact, I have conditioned both my husband and the kids to believe the same.

Last weekend we traveled to Los Angeles to attend the funeral of my Dad's sister, Meivi Raass. Although it is always disheartening to visit family under these circumstances, I will always try my best to take advantage of every opportunity to visit with my extended family. I am a firm believer in the family unit and that no matter how much we love or want to stab each other, in the end we all need one another. God gave us family for a reason, to teach us tolerance, love, respect and most importantly how to serve. When we were kids, my Dad always said that it never made sense to go and serve strangers if you weren't willing to love and serve your own brothers and sisters. Now that I have my own kids, I try my best every day to push the same message. I hope to raise these girls of mine to always love and serve each other so that one day, they will in turn take that love and give it to those outside our family who need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment